Monday, July 16, 2007

Oh Julian... How I've Missed You

A scene from 'A Room With a View'I realize that this is just crazy, two posts in one day, but I had to post a quick note about my (somewhat pathetic) enthrallment last night at the treat that PBS' Mystery gave me. I can't remember the last time I saw Julian Sands in something, and, boy, have I missed him.

My favorite movie as a teenager (and maybe of all time, it's up there) was A Room With a View. When I first saw it, at the awkward age of 15, my diary was filled with love poems for George Emerson (wow, no wonder I like the name George so much! I had forgotten) and his quest for the eternal Yes! I think I watched that movie about 15 times during the '80s. I'm sighing just thinking about it.

And last night, there he was looking very handsome, although so much older, and cast as a lame (literally), second fiddle, passed over childhood friend still desperate to win the love of the fair lady, Audrey (who was far too young to have been his childhood friend, but no matter). He was great, but I felt like he deserved a lot more screen time. PBS, let's bring him back for a starring role sometime soon, ok?

Meanwhile, I'm going to end this post and head on over to Netflix and send A Room With a View to the number one spot on my queue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I obviously need to see this show ASAP. I love Julian - maybe more than you do. He is right up there with Colin...