Sunday, April 08, 2007

Laugh Out Loud TV

A few notes about what made me laugh out loud this week on my comfy couch:

- This week's Liz Lemon gets the guy and Kenny does his best Sydney Bristow imitation episode of "30 Rock." Nobody I know watches this show, even though I talk it up all the time. C'mon people! Watch this show. Watch it now! It's funny. (Oh, if you really haven't watched the show before, check out this one first. It's my favorite so far this season. Mostly because it features LL Cool J. And I think we can all agree that it doesn't get any better than that.)

- The Daily Show: Yeah, everybody loves John Oliver. Me too. But my favorite correspondent these days is Larry Wilmore. The guy cracks me up. And putting them together in this Wilmore and Oliver Investigates segment is the best idea they've come up with in a long time. (I have to admit I felt a little badly for the councilman at the end. Even though his heart's in the right place, his idea to make certain words illegal definitely isn't the solution.) I'm going to try and embed it here.

- The Daily Show: Same ep as above. John Hodgman explains executive privilege. The thing that I found most interesting about this clip is at the end when the audience laughs, but I didn't feel like they actually got the Nixon reference in the John Stewart/Hodgman "conversation."

No comments: